“A smile that can light up a room.” We’re all familiar with this quote used as an example for an enchanting smile. And haven’t we all, at some point, secretly wished to have that smile? Admittedly, we have. But an asymmetrical, ‘gummy’ smile holds people back from smiling broadly and confidently.
Not anymore! A ‘gummy,’ uneven smile is commonly a result of a process called gum recession. It happens when the gums cover a large part of the teeth, making the smile look unbalanced. Although this could be genetic or simply caused due to age, there are ways to correct it. The most popular procedure opted by many patients in Livonia is Cosmetic Gum Surgery.
Cosmetic Gum Surgery is used to cover over-exposed surfaces of gums and tooth roots due to gum recession. Periodontists enhance the patient’s smile by covering one or more of these roots that make your teeth appear too long by treating them. The most commonly performed procedure of this treatment is gum reconstruction using grafting techniques.
Major aesthetic & health benefits:
- Aesthetic appeal increases instantly as unnecessary gums are reduced considerably.
- In the cases where the tooth length is too long, exposing the tooth root, it is covered with shaping the gumline.
- Gum treatments help shape the spots where tissue extends lower than others, resulting in a straighter, more symmetrical smile.
- Gum contouring can reduce the risk of gingivitis significantly by restoring a more natural-looking smile, reducing the chances of harmful oral bacteria hiding underneath your gums.
- Exposed tooth roots are covered, which avoids the abrasion caused by chemical treatment used in oral hygiene and also aggressive tooth wear by brushing.
- Such surgeries aim to provide a more comfortable chewing and declining tooth sensitivity by treating the problem before it worsens.
- This procedure prevents the further decline of your gums and tooth roots while treating the current gum recession.
Lastly, a Cosmetic Gum Treatment in Plymouth with Advanced Periodontics & Implantology is a safe, quick, one-visit procedure that gives you a smile that will light up your life!